What is The Big Idea?
Each year New Orleans Entrepreneur Week comes to a close when thousands gather for The Big Idea, a crowd-driven pitch extravaganza featuring 10 of the next big ideas to come out of New Orleans. This year, The Big Idea will be held on Friday, March 24th, 2017 at the Contemporary Arts Center in downtown New Orleans.
How does it work?
1. Apply here to be considered to be one of up to 20 companies to be given a profile and featured for one week on NOLA.com where the public will vote and narrow the competition down to the 10 highest vote earners.
2. The 10 selected companies will be given a booth at NOEW on Friday, March 24th and will participate in a crowd funding opportunity. Attendees can purchase $25 poker chips, make the rounds and drop their chip to invest in their favorite startups. Each company will go home with the value of chips they acquire, however only the top 3 chip earners will advance to the final stage of the competition.
3. The top 3 chip earners will make their way to the stage at The Big Idea to psych up the crowd and pitch for an additional $25,000 prize and bragging rights as 2017's biggest idea!
to check out The Big Idea from previous years to get a sense of what you'll experience!
- Organized as a for-profit venture
- Located in the 10-parish region of the greater New Orleans region
- Generating less than $500,000 in revenue
- Employing fewer than 5 full time employees
- Have not previously participated in The Big Idea
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2017